Come visit us on Facebook for daily updates, tips, funnies and insanity! facebook.com/OurAsylumCookbook

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Saturday!

Ok, I know, I suck!  So late in the day, so very sorry.  But as they say, better late than never LOL!  Truth is I was busy coloring on my straight jacket when Spicy slapped me in the back of the head and told me to get busy!

So, I will keep it short since I am so late.  This dessert is something my mother made when I was growing up, a lot!  I have no idea where the original recipe came from, but I have seen lots of different versions of it on the internet.  I could sit at the kitchen table with my face in the pan when mom made them, but of course she wouldn't let me.  When I got out on my own I made them as often as I could.  Then the "spread" of body parts started and I figured it was time to give it up.  Except on special occasions of course! ;-)

Fudge Meltaways

1/2 Cup butter
1 square, 1 oz unsweetened chocolate
1/4 Cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg beaten
2 Cups graham cracker crumbs
1 Cup coconut
1/2 Cup nuts - chopped pecans

1/4 Cup butter (it's not a repeat don't worry)
1 Tablespoon milk or cream
1 teaspoon vanilla (not a repeat either)
2 Cups sifted confectioners sugar
1 1/2 squares unsweetened chocolate melted

Melt 1/2 Cup butter and first square of chocolate in small saucepan.  Blend sugar, vanilla, egg, graham cracker crumbs, coconut and nuts into butter chocolate mixture.  Mix thoroughly and press into 11.5 x 7.5 pan.  Refrigerate while making filling.

Cream 1/4 Cup butter, milk, confectioners sugar and vanilla.  Mix and spread over bottom part.  Chill in fridge.

Then melt chocolate and spread.  Store in fridge.  Cut into squares before it gets too firm.!

Enjoy the daylights out of this one!  I sure do!!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment