Come visit us on Facebook for daily updates, tips, funnies and insanity! facebook.com/OurAsylumCookbook

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Hello Hump Day!!!!

Today's recipe comes with a warning from the Asylum doctors!!!! Please take caution if you make this recipe! For the record I have one bad ass 13 year old because this recipe would make a grown man cry (no really it did, read on)!
Ok so our Asylum Residents were sniffling and sneezing. Welcome to allergy season! So that's when I whip out the "Spicy" foods! HeeHee,  I'm Spicy! Okay, is your sense of humor broke today? 
Moving on...I had mistakenly bought two, yes two, bags of chicken wings (mix of wings and drummies). So 6 lbs needed to be made and my Residents LOVE spicy wings!
I went to the Asylum library and researched several recipes and made my own and the little residents named it.
The ATOMIC Chicken
3 lbs of chicken wings
1 TBSP baking powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp kosher salt
Thaw your chicken and pat dry. Combine the ingredients and toss the chicken. I put it all in a large bowl and mixed with my hands. Lay the chicken out on a cookie sheet, cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for 8 hours.
Place in 425° oven for 40 minutes. Now you could stop here and have pleasantly spicy wings. I loved them just like this! 
If you have a death wish by all means...continue!
2 TBSP cayenne powder
1/3  cup + 2 tsp vinegar
3 TBSP water
1/4 tsp salt
4 TBSP butter
1 TBSP brown sugar
1 TBSP honey
While chicken is cooking-in a sauce pan melt butter and add remaining ingredients. Heat to a simmer.
When chicken is cooked put in a bowl and pour sauce over. Cover and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
Then before serving make sure everyone has been WARNED and has a glass of milk! Hubs also rubbed his eye and ended up with massive pain and tears-see grown man crying.
I also used my BBQ sauce for the other 3 lbs.
1 jar of your favorite bbq sauce and a small jar (I sometimes use 2 if I want to make extra) of peach or apricot jam. Heat in a sauce pan and add to the cooked chicken wings to coat!
These are the Spicy ones! I put in a red bowl to signify that! 
These are the BBQ ones.
Hope your having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment