Come visit us on Facebook for daily updates, tips, funnies and insanity! facebook.com/OurAsylumCookbook

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Thursday and I made it!

Hello my friends!  I hope this finds you all well and loving life!  Being summer time, tomatoes are bountiful.  And a norm for those with gardens so I figured this might be something different.  I really enjoyed these tomatoes and I'm not a big fan.  I like them don't get me wrong, but they aren't one of my go to's lol!  I will go to them every time we make like this!  Hope you enjoy :)

Marinated Tomatoes
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen

3 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
1 Tablespoon sugar
1.5 teaspoons garlic salt
1.5 teaspoons seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
3/4 Cup vegetable oil
1/2 Cup red wine vinegar
2 to 3 green onions, chopped
4 to 6 large tomatoes, each cut into 6 wedges

Combine all ingredients, except tomatoes, in a large measuring cup or mixing bowl.  Whisk well.  Place tomatoes in a resealable plastic bag and pour marinade over.  Marinate at room temperature for up to 2 hours, turning the bag occasionally.


No comments:

Post a Comment