Come visit us on Facebook for daily updates, tips, funnies and insanity! facebook.com/OurAsylumCookbook

Monday, August 18, 2014

Happy Tuesday Crazies!

Hello all.  Well, another long day behind me and I find my cookbook unavailable so I'm reaching into recipes I have made that I have saved on the computer lol.  Look, I went and got me a pass to use the puter!  LOL So hubby and I are still trying to incorporate the Paleo Solution into our lives, this is one of the favorites.  I no longer buy manufactured cereal.  I make granola and we add fruit and almond milk every morning and I personally find it a great way to start my day.  It stays with me too, I'm not hungry before lunch which was not my norm before the paleo.

Homemade Paleo Granola Crunch
 
Prep time
Cook time
Total time
 
This Homemade Paleo Granola Crunch is seriously the one food item I would have a tough time sparing if my life depended on it. IT IS THAT GOOD!
Author: 
Recipe type: Breakfast/ Snack
Cuisine: Paleo
Serves: 12
Ingredients
  • Dry Ingredients:
  • ¾ cup of raw pumpkin seeds
  • ¾ cup of raw sunflower seeds
  • 1½ cup of almond meal
  • 1½ cup of shredded unsweetened coconut
  • 3 cups of raw slivered, chopped, or sliced almonds
  • 3-4 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice (I didn’t have pumpkin spice so I just added a little of cinnamon, ground cloves, ground ginger, and nutmeg)
  • Wet Ingredients:
  • ¾ cups of raw honey (or a mixture of maple syrup and honey)
  • 3 tablespoons of pure vanilla
  • ¾ cup of melted coconut oil
  • Note: put oil in last so it lightly coats and helps keep it from sticking to pan or foil. You may not need the full ¾ cup. I used a little over ½ cup. (I agree that 1/2 cup plenty!)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  2. Mix all the dry ingredients first.
  3. Stir in the wet ingredients. It comes together pretty easy. Line baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and spread on a full cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove after 15 minutes and stir. Place back in oven 5 more minutes. Let it cool for about 5-10 minutes and then dig in

* * I end up cooking it in three batches and have to taste each one!  Mmmmm!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment