Come visit us on Facebook for daily updates, tips, funnies and insanity! facebook.com/OurAsylumCookbook

Monday, June 2, 2014

Help!

That's what I messaged the Saucy Irish, again! I thank God for her everyday! I told her I had hamburger thawed, no bread, no buns, no Mac and Cheese and no ideas! She asked me if I had potatoes-yes!  She's the gray boxes, I'm the blue...




So here is what I ended up with and I got told they would eat it again! Sweet!

Burger and sides!
Since I have no name....

I added the onion soup mix (2 TBSP) that I gave you before into the burger (2 lbs) and made large patties and cooked them in a pan on the stove. Right before they were done I seasoned them with Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning

 Note: Grilling would be way better, but the hubs is protective of that thing and wasn't home yet!

While the burgers were cooking I boiled potatoes. After they were cooked I sliced them and added them to the pan with the onion/pepper mix (follows).

In another pan I put some olive oil (about 1 TBSP). I added the following:
1/2 large yellow onion
4 garlic cloves
1 green pepper
1 yellow pepper
Morton's Roasted Sea Salt Grinder-to taste ( I LOVE this stuff).
Cook until everything is tender. You could let this fry, but I knew that wouldn't go over with my Residents.

After the potatoes were done boiling I dumped the water, refilled and added my corn on the cob. When they boiled and the burgers were done we were ready to eat! I only had three cobs so I cut them in half before cooking. 

Here is a picture of the two seasonings I mentioned. For those of you in West River SD I got these at Family Thrift Store or you can click on the Amazon links where I am an affiliate.


Plated! 


Enjoy! Hope you have a great weekend! Just so you know the conversation above is normal for us, but it is also very "sane" compared to most of them!  We can have full conversation in pictures alone! 




No comments:

Post a Comment