Come visit us on Facebook for daily updates, tips, funnies and insanity! facebook.com/OurAsylumCookbook

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Tangy Coleslaw Thursday!

Heyyyyyyyy!  Hope everyone is doing well.  Still being lazy around here, trying to catch up on much needed rest LOL.  When I should be catching up on much needed housework!  There it is, the ugly truth.  The Asylum does not come with fancy on time all the time dish washing fairies!  I have tried to hire them on more than one occasion and it has never worked out for me.  So, liking to cook, means lots of mess in the kitchen.  Oh well, we all must do what we must do LOL!  And I must do dishes!

Ok, sorry total ramble there.  Last night I made an awesome pork butt in the crock pot!  It was awesome but needed a friend.  So I broke out my Tangy Mustard Coleslaw recipe from Cooking Light.  Makes us happy every time we eat it!  Especially with pulled pork, I mean really, mmmmmmmmmmmmm! :D

Tangy Mustard Coleslaw


7 Cups finely shredded green cabbage
1 Cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
1 Cup grated carrot
1/4 Cup white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
2 tablespoons reduced fat mayonnaise (these days I have been using homemade)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper

Combine cabbage, onion and carrot in a large bowl.  Combine white wine vinegar, sugar, mustard, mayonnaise, salt, black pepper and red pepper in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk.  Add the mustard mixture to cabbage mixture and toss well to coat.  Cover and chill for 20 minutes.  Stir before serving!

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment