Come visit us on Facebook for daily updates, tips, funnies and insanity! facebook.com/OurAsylumCookbook

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Obscene...

Did that title catch your attention? Well it should have!

This Spicy German was introduced to a dessert that caused people to make obscene noises and use obscene words when describing and eating it! Myself included...

I was introduced to a Cream Cheese Dessert. When I googled the ingredients in one people called it a Cheese Danish another was a cream cheese bar.  Whatever you call it, I will now be calling it -The Obscene Dessert!!  The best part about this dessert, you can change it to fit your favorite flavors.  

The Obscene Dessert
1 cup sugar
2 packages cream cheese
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 crescent roll tubes (seamless if you can find it)
Fruit of your choice

In a cake pan place 1 crescent tube. Smooth up sides a little.  

In a mixer, mix the cream cheese, eggs, sugar and vanilla. Spread this layer over your crescent roll. Place chopped or cut up fruit over the cream cheese layer.  Place second crescent tube over the fruit.  

Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 min. I'd tell you to refrigerate the leftovers, but there probably won't be any! 

Now for the variations! There are way to many to even consider. You can use any fruit you would like, or any combination of fruits! Strawberry/kiwi would be amazing! 

I also saw where someone added lemon juice to the cream cheese and didn't use fruit! Obscene, right?

You could easily reduce the sugar amount and use reduced fat cream cheese! As my Mom-in-law was showing me how to make it, I said that The Saucy Irish would yell at me for this dessert!

Let us know in the comments what fruit or combination you would use!

No comments:

Post a Comment