Come visit us on Facebook for daily updates, tips, funnies and insanity! facebook.com/OurAsylumCookbook

Saturday, May 3, 2014

A Pineapple and Pork kind of Saturday!

Happy Saturday Crazies!  I have my hands full today.  After I hang out with you crazy peeps I will be packing to take a road trip!  Awesomeness about to be a Grandma once again.  :D.  Very excited! Ok this story is leading somewhere I promise LOL.  After leaving my daughters next week I'm blessed with some time to spend at my parents house.  A place where Mom always had a great meal on the table and now finds it harder to do everyday.  But that's ok because it makes me happy to be able to come in and help and cook for them and have them enjoy!!  All because she passed on her love of being in the kitchen!  Thanx Mom!  I love you.

Ok, so to the grub! My hubby and I have always fought the battle of weight issues.  Early in our relationship hubby bought me a cookbook for cooking lighter.  At first I was a little put off!  How dare you?  LOL  Thinking back now, he meant nothing and I'm super glad to have the cookbook.  It has some great recipes in it.  But yeah we still fight the battle :D.  So here I found a recipe for Pork Loin Roast. Great Pork especially for not marinating over night.  So the cookbook in my story is the "Better Homes and Gardens Dieter's Cookbook".  Tighten up your straight jackets were having pork for dinner............LOL!  Nuts I know.  Ok, back on track this is a definite favorite of ours.  I hope it will be for you too. 

Pineapple Pork Roast

Prep:  20 minutes
Oven:  325 
Roast:  1 1/4 hours
Stand:  15 minutes
Makes:  8 to 10 Servings

1  2-2/5 pound boneless pork top loin roast (single loin)
    Salt
    Black Pepper
1/3 cup pineapple preserves
2 tablespoons coarse-grain mustard
1/4 teaspoon dried mint or basil, crushed
1  15 1/4 oz can pineapple chunks, (juice pack), drained

1.  Trim fat from roast.  Place roast in a shallow roasting pan.  Season with salt and pepper.  Insert an oven going meat thermometer into center of roast.  Roast, uncovered, in a 325 oven for 1 hour.

2.  Meanwhile, for glaze, in a small bowl combine preserves, mustard and mint/basil.

3.  Spoon about half of the glaze onto the meat; add pineapple chunks to roasting pan.  Roast for 15 to 45 minutes more or until thermometer registers 155F, spooning remaining glaze over once.

4.  Remove from oven.  cover with foil and let stand for 15 minutes before carving.  (The temperature of the meat will rise 5 degrees during standing.)  Transfer roast to serving platter.  Stir together pineapple and pan drippins; serve with meat.!


I'm telling you it's great and we had mashed potatoes and a small salad on the side!  We hope you all enjoy.  Have a wonderful weekend!  And hopefully we will see you back on Monday!

1 comment:

  1. yummmmmmmmm i forgot all around this i will have to make this again very soon!

    ReplyDelete