Come visit us on Facebook for daily updates, tips, funnies and insanity! facebook.com/OurAsylumCookbook

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mondays are horrible..

Do you agree with that title? Sorry, I can't! Mondays are the day my hubs has off.  So, I get to spend a whole day with my hubs and NO kids! Usually we run errands and work on a project. But there are the wonderful warm days that we can get on the motorcycle and enjoy our Black Hills! That is until tourist season starts in the next couple weeks...

On these days I tend to forget to plan a meal and am left scrambling to find something or hubs makes spaghetti (which I hate with a passion).  Because I hate it so much I had to find something I liked to go with it!  Along came the breadsticks!  Sadly, this recipe is on a post-it stuck in my bread maker recipe book, so I don't know where it came from.

Breadsticks

1 cup warm water
3 TBSP butter
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 cups flour
2 TBSP sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
2 1/4 tsp yeast

You can use your mixer (I love my Kitchen Aide) or bread maker (mine is a Welbilt and I have had it 16 years) to make your dough. After you have mixed it let it rise.  Divide out the dough for your bread sticks and shape, get fancy do a twist. Let rise again and when doubled in size bake at 350 for 15 minutes.

Topping

2 TBSP melted butter
2 TBSP Parmesan cheese

Mix and brush over breadsticks.  Serve warm. To reheat place in oven at 350 for 5-10 minutes.  Enjoy!

We hope you had a great Mother's Day weekend and were spoiled! Welcome back to the Aslyum!

No comments:

Post a Comment