Come visit us on Facebook for daily updates, tips, funnies and insanity! facebook.com/OurAsylumCookbook

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Happy Tuesday!!

Hello! I am taking over the Asylum today while The Saucy Irish is off on Grandma duties, waiting for a baby!!! We are very excited here!  In honor of her being a Grandma, I thought I would share my Grandma's cookie recipe.  My hubs loved when she made these and if he knew what was in them-he wouldn't! Some people are just so picky. I actually have all the ingredients for this so I will probably make these tomorrow! Today I have to go to the Children's Asylum and listen to them sing...my need my white jacket by the time they are done!

Grandma Vivian's Sour Cream Sugar Cookies

4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup Crisco (butter flavored)
1 3/4 cups white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sour cream
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla or almond extract (we prefer the almond)

Cream shortening and sugar. Add salt, eggs and extract. Add sour cream with dry ingredients. Chill overnight (I've done it for 2 hours and been fine). Roll out thick. Bake at 375 for 7-10 minutes. They will begin to get just slightly brown and they are done!  

I have one of my PaPa's recipes as well, but that's a family secret! His Date Cookies were amazing (ok, so tweeted his recipe a bit)!

These are great with a powdered sugar icing. Just mix water, powdered sugar and extract together and you have an icing.

Hope you all have an insane day, because who wants to be normal?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment