Come visit us on Facebook for daily updates, tips, funnies and insanity! facebook.com/OurAsylumCookbook

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mothers!

Helllllllooooooooooo!  Feeling very much love on this rainy Saturday in Virginia.  It's funny how things work out.  I didn't realize the timing of this trip and am finding myself blessed with being with my mom on Mother's Day!  She's not the same lady as she used to be some of the time but when she is it's great!  All of you crazies out there if you have a momma be sweet to her.  If you have lost yours I am ever so sorry for your loss.  I myself am a mother of three and I find it to truly be the most rewarding job there is.  And I am proud to say that I learned to be who I am from watching my mom be who she is! <3.

Alright we all need to eat so here it goes.  Today's recipe is perfect with Mother's Day coming up tomorrow.  It's more a meal than a recipe.  I have made it, we have loved it and I can promise that I would definately enjoy having it made for me!  :D.  I hope all the mothers out there are blessed with love and many many thanks tomorrow!  I thank you for all the angels you have raised. <3

Fruit Smoothies

Prep/Total Time:  5 minutes
1 1/4 cups Milk
1 Cup frozen unsweetened strawberries
1/2  Cup frozen unsweetened peach slices
1 small ripe banana, halved
3 Tablespoons of sugar

Place all ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth  Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately.  Yield: 2.5 Cups.  

Eggs with Feta and Asparagus
Prep/Total Time:  20 minutes

1 Cup cut fresh Asparagus (2" pieces)
1 Tablespoon Butter
4 Eggs
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
4 Strips Crispy cooked Bacon, crumbled
1/4 Cup crumbled Feta Cheese

Place 1 inch of water in a saucepan; add asparagus.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; cover and simmer 3-5 minutes or until crisp tender.

Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter until hot.  Add eggs; reduce heat to low.  Cook until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard.  Sprinkle with seasoned salt.

Transfer eggs to serving plates; top with Asparagus, Bacon and Feta Cheese.
Yields 2 Servings

Orange Coffee Cake Ring
Prep/Total Time:  30 Minutes

1 Tube (13.9 oz) Orange Sweet Rolls with Icing
1 Ounce Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 Cup flaked Coconut, toasted

Set aside icing from sweet rolls.  Arrange rolls in a greased 9 inch round baking pan.  Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.

In a small bowl combine cream cheese and reserved icing.  Spread over rolls.  Sprinkle with Coconut.   Serve warm. 
Yield:  8 rolls

This quick fix 30 minute meal came from the July/August 2007 Simple & Delicious Magazine.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment