Come visit us on Facebook for daily updates, tips, funnies and insanity! facebook.com/OurAsylumCookbook

Friday, May 2, 2014

Kitchen Sink

You may have noticed in my last blog I mentioned Kitchen Sink Recipes.  Those are a lot like The Saucy Irish's no recipe recipe yesterday.  Todays recipe is a lot like that!  Those nights where you go to the fridge or cupboard and start mixing things together.  Or, my favorite you get invited somewhere last minute (or forget), or have unexpected company! I found this on allrecipes.com.  It was titled Amish Macaroni Salad, but I am changing it to Kitchen Sink Macaroni Salad.  This would be a great salad for a picnic or a potluck.  Just make sure you take some ice to keep it cold!


Kitchen Sink Macaroni Salad
aka Amish Macaroni Salad

2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (I used bowtie and doubled the macaroni)
3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 small red pepper, seeded and chopped (I used three different colors and used a 1/4 of each pepper)
2 TBSP dill pickle relish (Don't have it, skip it!  I diced up some pickles.
2 cups creamy salad dressing (Miracle Whip is the BEST for this salad)
3 TBSP prepare yellow mustard
3/4 cup sugar (I used 1/4 cup and it was plenty)
2 1/4 tsp white vinegar

Cook your macaroni and drain.  Rinse with cold water to stop cooking and set aside.

In a large bowl, mix remaining ingredients.  Add your macaroni and gently stir to coat.  Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.

Note: The website says this will serve 6.  As I noted I doubled the macaroni and there was PLENTY of  dressing.  So it easily served 12 people. 

I also wanted to apologize to my mom for assuming it was her that asked about the Minced Garlic.  I have recently found out who!  I am still laughing!  Love ya Dad!!!  Glad to know you are reading the blog!

It was a great question though.  If you are ever in doubt about food you find or a recipe that you are trying out, please let us know!  The Saucy Irish is pretty good in the Asylum Library and I tend to hang out in the Asylum Computer Lab! 



No comments:

Post a Comment