Come visit us on Facebook for daily updates, tips, funnies and insanity! facebook.com/OurAsylumCookbook

Friday, April 18, 2014

Asylum Addicts Welcome!

We are hoping to get some of you (okay we would really like all of you) addicted to our blog!  We have visions of "real" cookbooks and book signings, but that could be some of our mental problems that have lead us to the Asylum in the first place!

So with the thought of being addicted to something I figured I should give you something that was legal and safer. Well, safer may not be the right word...

This recipe is courtesy of  Sweet Tooth and you can click HERE to go to the page I found this recipe on.  As we have said before-all of our recipes are tried on the Asylum Residents before we share them with you.  I had to hide these so the hubs could get in on this! 

 
Crack-tastic Crackers
1 – 1 1/4 cup canola oil (you decide how much you want to use)
2-3 Tbs. red pepper flakes (I used close to 3…a little warm)
4 sleeves of Saltine crackers (give or take…however many you can fit in your mixing bowl)
 
1) Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl for a good long while (5-10 minutes), to really get the crackers coated. Eat a few if you want.
2) Lay them out on a cookie sheet and drizzle the yummy, ranchy, peppery oil that’s in the bottom of the bowl, over the top of the crackers.  Bake at 250 degrees for 15-20 minutes, stirring them around about halfway through.
3) Let them cool and store in a big ol’ baggie. Or a few little baggies.  My husband has his bag ready to take to work.
 
Adaption-I used 1 cup coconut oil in place of the canola oil.  I also used 3TBSP red pepper and roasted garlic spice mix in place of the red pepper flakes.  I placed the crackers in two cake pans and just dumped the mixture on and stirred.  As I have stated before, I am lazy and use whatever is on hand!
 
 
We would like to say thank you to everyone who has liked our Facebook page or come to check out our blog.  As I have said before once you sit at our table you wont be leaving...I might convince you to try on a white jacket and the Saucy Irish has been known to charm you into believing you're sane and then helping me with the buckles on that jacket....

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't have said it better myself! And those crackers sound amazing! Hubby loves Brie so a new cracker to use will be fun for him!

    ReplyDelete