Come visit us on Facebook for daily updates, tips, funnies and insanity! facebook.com/OurAsylumCookbook

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Ahhhhhhhhh, Saturdays and Spring

Hey crazies!  Saturday is my day here at the Asylum and as always I'm stoked to be here. You know our recipes are all over the place so if you can't find what you need please leave us a message and we will see what we can do!

And to prove we all do silly things. I went downstairs to make lunch today. Something new, needed the computer, forgot it.  I went back upstairs and got it only to get downstairs and realize that it will be very hard to make Avocado Egg Salad without hard boiled eggs. And of course I hadn't done that step.  Yeesh.  Oh well, we ate well in spite of it lol!

I'm blessed being in the Florida Keys so winter hasn't bothered me much but the rest of you.......OMG!  I can't believe what you endured.  Thank goodness all that is over and spring has finally arrived.  And if you are lucky enough to get out on a day pass from the Asylum, grilling should be a part of whatever it is you decide to do!  My next recipe comes in as one of my son's favorites.  We try to always write on recipes after we have tried them.  You know good, great and add this.  After I made these burgers, he was writing expletive profanity in my cookbook!!!  As in they were just that good!  I laugh every time I look at the scribble on the page so it's allowed to stay in my cookbook!  LOL

Surprisingly, because of how good we thought it was, today's recipe came from Weight Watchers!  I have only the sheet that has been pulled from some poor cookbook somewhere. On the shelf there sits a torn Weight Watchers cookbook, that's just how I roll.  LOL! Ok, nuff said, have an awesome day everybody and thank you again for stopping by to see us! ;-)

Cheddar-Stuffed Buffalo Burgers

Ingredients:
1 lb ground buffalo meat
1 small Vidalia or other sweet onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
4 English muffins, split
4 romaine lettuce leaves, trimmed
4 tomato slices

In a medium bowl, combine the buffalo, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; mix well to combine.  Divide and shape the mixture into 4 balls.  With your finger make a deep indentation into each ball.  Fill each hole with 2 tablespoons of the cheese.  Pinch the meat closed to cover the cheese and shape each ball into a 3/4 inch thick patty.

Toast the English muffins.  Spray a nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and heat over medium high heat.  Cook burgers 3-4 minutes per side medium-rare (*Because ground buffalo is so lean, cook the burgers no further than medium or you will end up with a dry patty*).

Place the English muffin bottoms on 4 plates.  Top each with 1 lettuce leaf, 1 tomato slice and a burger.  Place the muffin tops on each burger!

MY NOTE:  Please be sure to realize that this would also be amazing with real... fat... cheese.  Just saying. I have more details about the recipe if you need serving information.


No comments:

Post a Comment