Come visit us on Facebook for daily updates, tips, funnies and insanity! facebook.com/OurAsylumCookbook

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Caramel Apple Cupcakes!

Time for more fall recipes!  The other day, on Monday date day, my hubs took me to DQ for lunch and we shared an Apple Pie Blizzard.  It was amazing!  I am going to have to figure out a home version. It got me thinking of fall and craving some caramel apples.  So I went through my recipe stash and found this.  The hardest part is peeling all those caramels, but so worth it.




Caramel Apple Cupcakes
Quick Cooking 2001




1pkg (18 1/4 oz) spice or carrot cake mix
2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
20 caramels (I like the Werther's)
3 TBSP milk
1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted (chopped peanuts work too)
12 popsicle sticks (optional)




Prepare cake batter according to package directions, fold in apples. Fill 12 greased or paper-lined jumbo muffin cups 3/4 full.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes our clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack to cool completely.  In a saucepan, cook the caramels and milk over low heat until smooth. Spread over cupcakes.  Sprinkle with pecans/peanuts.  Insert a wooden stick into the center of each cupcake.




You can also omit the popsicle sticks and make regular sized cupcakes. 










No comments:

Post a Comment