Come visit us on Facebook for daily updates, tips, funnies and insanity! facebook.com/OurAsylumCookbook

Thursday, June 26, 2014

German potato salad

A friend of mine and I went to the Alpine In Hill City, SD where they serve authentic German food. We both ordered spaetzel and didn't get the German Potato Salad but it sure made me hungry for it!

I am unsure where I got this recipe but I am sure it is in my Mennonite Cookbook!

German Potato Salad

5 bacon strips, fried crispy (save drippings)
3/4 cup onion, chopped
2 TBSP flour
2/3 cup cider vinegar
1 1/3 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
6 cups potatoes, cooked, peeled, sliced

Cook onion in 2-3 tsps of the bacon drippings. Stir in flour; blend well.  Add vinegar and water, cook and stir until bubbly and slightly thick.  Add sugar and stir in bacon and potatoes.  Heat through, stirring lightly to coat the potato slices.  Serve warm.

I hope you have an amazing weekend!  I am spending it with my Mom-in-law for her birthday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment