Come visit us on Facebook for daily updates, tips, funnies and insanity! facebook.com/OurAsylumCookbook

Monday, September 1, 2014

Happy Tuesday!

Hello friends!  I hope all of you enjoyed a wonderful Labor Day Weekend with your family and friends.!  I'm breaking protocol again today.  I found a recipe I can't wait to try in a new Paleo cookbook.  The book is called "The Paleo Primer" written by Keris Marsden and Matt Whitmore.  I will be making the recipe this evening and I promise to let you know how it turns out after we stuff it in our face (it just sounds so good!)  LOL.  I hope you wonderful crazies will try it along with me and let me know how it turns out for you!

Breadless Butter Pudding

Prep Time:  5 minutes
Cooking Time:  20-30 minutes
Serves:  4-5

6 Bananas
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 Tablespoons raisins or sultanas
2 Tablespoons ghee or butter

Serve with Whipped heavy cream (optional)  (I am definitely going to use this)

1.  Preheat oven to 350°F.

2.  Peel the bananas and slice into large chunks.  Line the bananas in a baking dish.  Sprinkle the spices and dried fruit on top.

3.  Place chunks of butter or ghee over the bananas.

4.  Bake for around 20 minutes or until the bananas are soft.  Stir halfway through cooking to mix the spices and fruit with the oils from the fat.

* Man I am super stoked about this recipe.  So hope it stands up to my expectations!  Happy day to you all, enjoy the next few days and I will see you back on Thursday!



1 comment:

  1. I did it and oddly I enjoyed it! It's definitely different but absolutely delish for what it is! I do suggest that if you are going to use the whipped cream, break down and use the sweet stuff. The pudding itself is very sweet but not enough to enjoy the plain whipped cream I made. Weird but good! What can I say. It's all good for a Tuesday lol!

    ReplyDelete