Come visit us on Facebook for daily updates, tips, funnies and insanity! facebook.com/OurAsylumCookbook

Monday, August 4, 2014

Lasagna redo

Settle in it's a long one...

So for those of you who follow us, you know that I did my hubs lasagna recipe a while back (if you are new, then you will learn where the idea of an Asylum came from). I was informed that I did not   give you a proper recipe. I believe the conversation went like this(the PG-13 version).

Spicy "what recipe should I use tomorrow?"
Mr. Spicy "if you give me credit you can use my lasagna."
Spicy "I did that yesterday."
Mr. Spicy "did you tell them the proper way to make it?"
Spicy "I said layer the ingredients in the pan"
Mr. Spicy "there is a proper way to make it! People are just out there willy nilly throwing $ hit in a pan."
Here is where I left to get a drink....
When I came back he was into the structural integrity and something about a fork cutting through properly! I believe there was something about "people out there "bleeping" it up!"
So here I am giving you the CORRECT recipe.

Mr. Spicy's Lasagna

Ingredients
2 lb hamburger
2 lbs mozzarella cheese
1 large or 2 small jars Prego Traditional spaghetti sauce.
1 box lasagna noodles

Directions

1.) Get your wife to brown the hamburger. She will probably add dried minced onion without you knowing.
2.) Get your oldest child to boil water for the noodles and tell him to set the oven at 375°, then tell him you said 350°!
3.) Boil your noodles or have said child boil them. Under cook them so they finish cooking in the oven and are not mushy.
4.) Get a GLASS cake pan or have said child do that as well.
5.) Place a layer of noodles, then meat, then sauce, then cheese. In THIS order, no willy nilly $ hit!
(Please make your layers even and spread the sauce perfectly over the meat)



This is also where you will need to feed cheese to the dog and then complain to your wife that the dog is fat.

6.) Then a layer of meat, then sauce, then noodles and top with cheese and use all of your OCD powers to make it look perfect.
Try to hide from the dog that you are eating more cheese.

7.) Bake for 35-40 minutes but check it at 30 min. You want to see the bottom layers bubbling and the edges of the cheese on top should be golden brown.
8.) Serve pieces the size of your families head's.
9.) Tell everyone how YOU make awesome lasagna while your family cleans up and looks at you funny.

Now do you understand the Asylum theory?!?!?!  I love my hubs to (lasagna) pieces but there are some days that I wonder about the last 16 years...
 

 I may or may not be around much this week as we are going to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally! I hope to check into the Facebook page with food from the Rally!  Take care and enjoy the rest of your summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment